When you begin your study of Welding Technology, you will begin the mastery of skills needed to build today's heavy metal building structures. Welding is the science of using intense localized heat to fuse and melt metal. It is an important piece of our nation's economy and strength.
In the Welding Technology program, you will learn:
- SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding)
- GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding or MIG Welding)
- FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding)
- GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding or TIG Welding)
Some skills you will learn:
- Safe work habits
- Proper use of materials
- Oxy-Fuel cutting
- Plasma arc and carbon arc cutting
- Blue print reading
- Visual inspection techniques
Who do I talk to with questions?
Instructor: Andrew Syder, 509-354-7424